Thursday, January 26, 2012

Santiago

To talk about Santiago I must say first that I was born and lived in Calama, at second region, so I came from desert weather. I came to live at Santiago when I was 18, so maybe that could affect my perception about the city, making it different from those who have lived here during all his or her life. Also I must say that I haven’t lived in other cities or countries, so I have not other places to compare about living in Santiago.
Although I used to visit Santiago sometimes, live at the city is something very different. At first I was scared of get lost, because I didn’t know about names of streets, and especially because nobody had a clear idea of the rout of Transantiago!! So, one of my first impressions was the idea of a chaotic place. Besides I thought that Santiago was a big and complicated city, it takes a long time to arrive to places. I didn’t like to use subway because there was always a quite crowd, and about using buses, I think people was just beginning to become accustomed to Transantiago. In spite of this, my first year at Santiago was very nice, maybe that’s because I lived with my uncle at La Reina, in a very quiet and safe place. I liked to walk around there because the trees, especially in autumn, or go to visit places like Forestal Park, or Cerro Santa Lucía or San Cristobal hills. Besides, my best friend also came to live here, so I wasn’t alone; and I met very nice people here, my new friends.
In general I think Santiago is a nice place to live: there are many beautiful places and buildings, and I have to admit that in Santiago is where all happens: concerts, theater plays, and more; something that is not very usual in other regions of Chile. But I have to say that I hate pollution and acoustic contamination. I also dislike the fact that everyone is always stressed or hurry. I think people should take more relaxing their life, and authorities must do something about the contamination, all for make Santiago a better place.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I agree with you. The Santa Lucia hill is beautiful, and oasis in the middle of the city.

    ReplyDelete