Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Environmental friendly

Being environmental friendly is something that sometimes stresses me, because I know that all that I do is not enough to help our planet, and more when I think that sometimes I’m so tired or it’s more comfortable being environmental unfriendly. Although I try to do things, like take all the milk cartons or put the bottles on the bottles bank, but to do that I need time that sometimes I have not, so this is something that I don’t usually do. So bad!! But there are more easy ways to be environmental friendly. I’m always turning off lights and disconnecting house appliances to save energy, and as I haven’t car I go everywhere using metro or the bus; and I enjoy it so much that maybe I will never buy a car!!! Even that I must recognize that there are things that I don’t do and this is not just my fault, like separate the rubbish, because even if I do they take the garbage all together. Beside, as I live in an apartment sometimes is more comfortable to take rubbish all together, or use the elevator because I live in the 9th floor.
I’m concerned about environment, and I think the most of the people do the same. The problem is that there is not a lot of information or education about how to be environmental friendly. I know that is common in most of the people to recycle bottles, milk cartons and tins, but Chilean government don’t promote enough about environmental friendly activities, because in Chile the environmental problem is not considered so relevant, just see how they approve energetic projects that could contaminate and destroy more than they could help. I think this is a problem where all society must act, from our individual activities to more organized things, for example activities where you can learn about composting or recycling. And most important, I think that government must do more about it, not just in mass media propaganda, that isn’t too informative about environmental problems in Chile and what we can do to reduce it. Besides they should promote it in a more empirical way, like making more containers where you can put milk cartons, bottles, etc. And they must finance or approve more environmental friendly projects, thinking about development not just in an economic way but in a social and environmental way too.

2 comments:

  1. It is a great initiative to get organized. That is the way. You know that you can build fantastic houses by recycling. Actually there is a type of plastic that would make great quality houses. Everybody could benefit. The only thing is the process of recycling is very expensive, and this is why nobody wants to start the bussines here. But it will happen eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you :). Truly I think that it's necessary implemnentar education policies about be friendly with the environment.
    In these days, I think that it's difficult, But all lives so near, in small places. Isn't enough that a person in the family have ecological mind, it's necessary that the whole family has this.

    I like to do the crossword with you today, you're very nice :) I hope that you enjoy you holidays in your house :D

    ReplyDelete