Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

I think I’m not form a normal family. We never celebrate Christmas like the rest of the people. First, we never make a Christmas tree or decorate house for the holydays, and we don’t get crazy buying gifts, we just make some little presents. What we usually do is go to my aunt’s home –she’s more “Christmas spirit”-  and spend a very lovely night whit all the family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and more) and share a simple meal and open some gifts. But the most important is share with all my family this celebration.
But this year was different. Maybe it was the worst Christmas ever. First, I spend my Christmas in Santiago, far away from all my family. I thought I could spend it whit my brother, but he was in Chiloe. So I was just with one of my best friend because she could spend it with her family neither. So, we made a simple meal and was not for Christmas, we we’re just hungry. Then we talk about “the real sense of Christmas” (in an ironic way) we conclude that it is really a cruel celebration. Just think about it: Jesus was born in a crib, because nobody helped poor Maria. And thinking well, a crib is a dreadful place to born, because that maybe it is very unhygienic place. I think people forget about it, and dedicate just to celebrate buying gifts, so we are part of a cruel society since Jesus was born to now.
Well, but maybe we just thought this because we were sad and upset because we were far from our family, and next day we had to study or make stuff for University and Monday classes again… It wasn’t a nice Christmas, but New Year will compensate it :)

5 comments:

  1. I also think that the important is to share with the family and not so much the present (is the presenta are always socks) hajajaj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with both of you. Family is the main thing.
    I must say I agree with what you mention about people just shopping and being really stress and nasty in the street. Like no "christmas spirit" at all (whatever that means anyway). The cruel society and system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought about Chritsmas like that before! But, I think is a good exercise think about why we are doing that things on christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy the next celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you again, Paxy. Christmas is only a comercial party in our society, I'm sure NOBODY THOUGHT IN LITTLE JESUS WHEN THEY WERE OPENING THEYIR NICE PRESENTS. I say that because I didn't remind him (I'm not so religious)and nobody at my house did it.

    ReplyDelete